The Rules for
the third dracotops_harry Fest
The dracotops_harry Fest is an anon, prompt-based slash fest. It is a fest exclusively for Draco/Harry, thus all stories and art must have Draco/Harry as the primary romantic or erotic pairing.
As the title of the fest suggests (*hint*), only top!Draco fic and art is allowed. This means that if your fic/art is R or NC-17-rated and penetration is happening during sex, Draco has to be the one doing the fucking, and Harry the one receiving it up his arse. Whatever else is happening in the story or art is entirely up to you (and your prompt, naturally ;)). Draco giving Harry a blowjob is accepted. For the purpose of this fest (and this community) topping and bottoming is defined as sexual practice only, not as submissive/dominant behaviour and attitudes of the boys out of bed.
If a fic/art we receive for this Fest features bottom!Draco, however, we will return it to you for revision, or ultimately reject it from the fest. Please no switching! There's lots of other fests and communities for bottom!Draco and switching fic/art – this one is for top!Draco/bottom!Harry only. Please respect the theme of the dracotops_harry fest and community!
♦ Fest Schedule ♦
Prompt Collection: January 10 to 16
Sign-ups & Prompt Claiming starts: January 18
Submissions due: March 18
Fest starts: Monday, April 1 :)
Posting ends: April 21 or later (depending on how many submissions we get)
Reveal goes up: May 3
Prompt Lists ♥ Claiming Post ♥ Stories suggested for Podficcing ♥ Podficcers Sign-up Post
>♦ Fest Rules ♦
Joining the Comm:
If you plan to participate in the dracotops_harry Fest – as artist, writer, prompter, reader, lurker – please join dracotops_harry to keep up with all fest updates and announcements.
Everybody can submit prompts, whether you are going to participate in the fest or not. You can submit as many prompts as you want. Please look out for the Prompting Post on January 10.
Each prompt can be claimed once for art and once for fiction. Once you submitted your story or art, you are welcome to claim a second prompt.
• All stories and art should be based on the prompt claimed by the writer/artist. While prompts are meant for inspiration, please try to stick to the prompter's wishes, and definitely be aware of her/his squicks.
• All work should be stand-alone and must not be part of a series or a sequel.
• All fiction and art must be new and written/drawn specifically for the dracotops_harry Fest. It should not be posted anywhere else until after the Reveal.
• The mods will not check the submissions. Stories and art will be posted as received. Faulty html making a post unreadable will be fixed, but the mods will not correct SPaG, spacing etc.. Please have your stories beta-read before submitting them for the fest.
• All submissions must come complete with all html coding, such as bold, italic and centered. Please refer to phoenixacid's Simple HTML and LJ Codes Guide for how to do LJ coding.
• Appropriate warnings are required in the header info; feel free to white-out spoilery warnings if you prefer. If you have a question about coding or warnings, please email or PM the mods.
Deadline and Other Problems:
While deadlines are not carved in stone, please try to stick to them. Still, this is not an exchange fest, so we won't
Flames and Unsolicited Beta/Concrit:
Under no circumstances is flaming tolerated at the dracotops_harry Fest. One warning is given; if flaming persists the mods will ban you from both the community and the fest. If you feel you've been flamed by a member of this community or a commenter in the fest, please immediately contact the mods.
The mods reserve the right to screen comments made to fest entries that include unsolicited beta or "concrit" advice. We love commenters! Comments are love. ♥ But please keep in mind that this Fest is a fannish celebration of top!Draco/bottom!Harry and not a writing workshop. If you have valid concrit, please ask the author or artist per PM whether they are interested in hearing it.
Please read and take to heart flyingcarpet's Guide to Participating in Fic Exchanges (applies to Prompt Fests, as well).
• Art should reflect at least one hour's work. It can be in the form of a comic, vid, movie, slides – whatever form you chose.
• If you are working with a beta, please put their name into the header of your art. A header template will be provided.
• Your finished art should be submitted as .jpg or .pgn files. However, the mods will happily go a very long way to accommodate any kind of artistic format. Just please contact them well in advance so possible problems of off-site hosting can be solved long before your posting date.
• Stories must have a minimum of 1000 words.
• All submissions should be beta-read and free of spelling mistakes. Please put the name of your beta into the header of your story. A header template will be provided.
• Your finished story should be submitted as a document file in .doc, .txt or .rtf format.
• We are accepting podfics for the dracotops_harry Fest. Only Drarry and top!Draco stories are acceptable as podfic submissions to the fest. Other than that, all stories can be podficced for this fest, no matter how short or long and no matter when they were written.
• All podfics should be beta-ed. Please put the name of your beta into the header of your story. A header template will be provided.
• We expect you to have received permission to podfic from the author before submitting anything to us. You may also refer to the list of Podfic Friendly Authors in the HP Fandom.
• Submissions need to be uploaded to a file-sharing account (such as Mediafire). Posting will be done by the mods, so for submission, please email the download links and header information to the mods We will then host them at our own website.
• If you don't provide your own cover art for the podfic, we will use a standard dracotops_harry Fest cover, based on the fest banner.
If you are having problems in getting your submission finished in time, please contact us sooner rather than later. We will do our best to help. The mods can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org