The Rules for
the sixth dracotops_harry Fest
The dracotops_harry Fest is an anon, prompt-based slash fest. It is a fest exclusively for Draco/Harry, thus all stories and art must have Draco/Harry as the primary romantic or erotic pairing.
As the title of the fest suggests (*hint*), only top!Draco and bottom!Harry fic and art is allowed. This means that if your fic/art is R or NC-17-rated and penetration is happening during sex, Draco has to be the one doing the fucking, and Harry the one receiving it up his arse. Whatever else is happening in the story or art is entirely up to you (and your prompt, naturally ;)). Draco giving Harry a blowjob is accepted. For the purpose of this fest (and this community) topping and bottoming is defined as sexual practice only, not as submissive/dominant behaviour and attitudes of the boys out of bed.
If a fic/art we receive for this Fest features bottom!Draco, however, we will return it to you for revision, or ultimately reject it from the fest. Please no switching! There are lots of other fests and communities for bottom!Draco and switching fic/art – this one is for top!Draco/bottom!Harry only. Please respect the theme of the dracotops_harry fest and community!
NEW If you want to write a fic with Harry/Draco in a threesome for the dracotops_harry Fest, please email the mod. The decision about whether the fic is admissable for the fest will be based on the individual submission. If Harry/Draco is the main pairing, and the threesome just a side pairing, chances are high that the fic will be accepted.
♦ Fest Schedule ♦
Prompt Collection: January 11 to 20, 2016
Sign-ups & Prompt Claiming starts: Friday, January 22, 2016
Submissions due: March 20
Fest starts: Friday, April 1
Posting ends: April 27 or whenever we run out of submission
Reveal goes up: May 6
♦ Fest Rules ♦
Joining the Comm:
If you plan to participate in the dracotops_harry Fest– as artist, writer, prompter, reader, lurker – please join dracotops_harry to keep up with all fest updates and announcements.
Everybody can submit prompts, whether you are going to participate in the fest or not. You can submit as many prompts as you want. The Prompting Post will go up on January 11, 2016.
Each prompt can be claimed once for art and once for fiction. Once you submitted your story or art, you are welcome to claim a second prompt. The Claiming Post will be posted on January 22. NEW Claiming stays open until the start of the fest.
• All works should be stand-alone, not sequels or prequels to other fanfic. They should not be part of a series.
• All fiction, art and podfic must be new and written/drawn/recorded specifically for the dracotops_harry Fest. It should not be posted anywhere else until after the Reveal.
• dracotops_harry Fest is not a Gift Exchange. Stories are written for the community and not for the prompter specifically. Prompts are thus for inspiration; writers and artists are allowed to alter them. Claimers, please respect the prompter's squicks.
NEW All fic submissions for the dracotops_harry Fest will be posted to the Dracotops_Harry 2016 Subcollection at AO3.
• Participants are asked to post their finished submissions to the Draco tops Harry 2016 Subcollection on their own. The mod reveals the submission on the posting day. The fic will be de-anoned after the Reveal.
• Participants are solely responsible for html-coding and SpaG of their submission to the AO3 Subcollection. If the mod sees faulty html or major SpaG issues, you will be asked to correct/edit them in the AO3 post.
• On or before March 20, participants are asked to submit a story header with a working AO3 link to their story, for posting on LJ. A header template will be provided.
• Appropriate warnings are required in the header both on AO3 and in the LJ header post. Feel free to white-out spoilery warnings in the header for LJ. If you have questions about coding or warnings, please email the mod. Please do not warn for slash.
Questions & Answers about AO3 posting
- Does this mean I have to have an AO3 account to participate in the fest?
If you're an author, then yes, you need an AO3 account. If you have no AO3 account, please contact the mods. We happily provide a code for you to set up an AO3 account.
- What if I don't want an AO3 account?
If you do not want an AO3 account, you still will be named as the author of the story on AO3, but there will be no link on the AO3 page to an author's account.
- Authorship, Comments, Kudos, Feeds
All fest fics posted to the AO3 Subcollection will be posted anonymously with just the dracotops_harry mod showing as "author". However, you will be from day one listed as the "co-author" but remain anon until the Reveal. After the Reveal, the fic will be listed in your Dashboard/Works page, just as any other fic you have posted on AO3. You'll keep all comments and kudos that you have received during the fest. You fic will also automatically appear in the "Draco Malfoy/Harry Potter" AO3-feed.
- Editing After Submission
As the author is listed as co-author, you can edit your story even after you posted it to the AO3 Subcollection. Please do use this option sensibly. Don't rewrite your entire fic. ;)
- What about Art and Podfic Submissions?
Artists and podficcers can either post to the AO3 Subcollection or submit their art and podfic directly to the mod, for posting on LiveJournal. It is your choice whether you want to have your submission posted to AO3 or on LiveJournal.
• Art should reflect at least two hours' work. It can be in the form of a comic, fanvid, slides – whatever format you chose.
• If you are working with an art beta, please put their name into the LJ header of your art. A header template will be provided.
• Your finished art should be submitted as .jpg or .png files (if you are not posting yourself to AO3). The mod will happily go a very long way to accommodate any kind of artistic format. Just contact me well in advance so possible problems of off-site hosting can be solved long before your posting date.
• Stories must have a minimum of 1000 words.
• All submissions should be beta-read and free of grammar and spelling mistakes. Please put the name of your beta into the LJ header of your story. A header template will be provided.
• Submitting the fic is done by posting to the Dracotops_Harry 2016 Subcollection at AO3.
• Podfics are very welcome for the dracotops_harryFest. Only Draco/Harry and top!Draco stories are acceptable as podfic submissions to the fest. Other than that, all stories can be podficced for this fest, no matter how short or long and no matter when they were written.
• All podfics should be beta-ed. Please put the name of your beta into the header of your podfic. A header template will be provided.
• We expect you to have received permission to podfic from the author before submitting anything to us. You may also refer to the list of Podfic Friendly Authors in the HP Fandom.
• Podfics will not be posted anon; the podficcer will be named, both in the post and on the podfic cover.
• Submissions need to be uploaded to a file-sharing account (such as Mediafire). Either post your podfic directly to the AO3 Subcollection, or email the download links and header information to the mod.
• If you don't provide your own cover art for the podfic, a standard dracotops_harry Fest cover will be used, based on the fest banner.
Deadline and Other Problems:
While deadlines are not carved in stone, please try to stick to them. This is not an exchange fest, so the mod
Flames and Unsolicited Beta/Concrit:
Under no circumstances is flaming tolerated in the dracotops_harry Fest. One warning is given; if flaming persists the mod will ban you from both the community and the fest. If you feel you've been flamed by a member of this community or a commenter in the fest, please immediately contact the mod.
The mod reserves the right to screen comments made to fest entries that include unsolicited beta or "concrit" advice. We love commenters! Comments are love. ♥ But please keep in mind that this Fest is a fannish celebration of top!Draco/bottom!Harry and not a writing workshop. If you have valid concrit, please ask the author or artist per PM whether they are interested in hearing it. For some sage (and fun) advice on how to be a good commenter, please read capitu's 8 ½ Fail-Safe Ways To Write A Comment.
If you have questions about the fest, your participation, about posting to AO3 or anything else, please comment here or email the mod @ email@example.com.