the eleventh dracotops_harry Fest
The dracotops_harry Fest is a prompt-based slash fest. It is a fest exclusively for Draco/Harry; all stories and art must have Draco/Harry as the primary romantic or erotic pairing. This fest is non-anon and it is not a self-posting fest.
As the title of the fest suggests (*hint*), only top!Draco and bottom!Harry fic and art is allowed. This means that if your fic/art is R or NC-17-rated and penetration is happening during sex, Draco has to be the one doing the fucking, and Harry the one receiving it up his arse. Whatever else is happening in the story or art is entirely up to you (and your prompt, naturally ;)). Draco giving Harry a blowjob is accepted. For this fest (and in this community) topping and bottoming is defined as sexual practice only, not as submissive/dominant behaviour and attitudes of the boys out of bed.
If a fic/art we receive for this Fest features bottom!Draco we will return it to you for revision, or ultimately reject it from the fest. Please no switching! There are lots of other fests and communities for bottom!Draco and switching fic/art – this one is for top!Draco/bottom!Harry only. Please respect the theme of the dracotops_harry fest and community!
If you want to write a fic with Harry/Draco in a threesome for the dracotops_harry Fest, please mail the mod. The decision about whether the fic is allowed into the fest will be based on the individual submission. If Harry/Draco is the main pairing, and the threesome just a side pairing, chances are high that the fic will be accepted.
♦ Fest Schedule ♦
Prompt Collection: January 18-29 2021
Sign-ups & Prompt Claiming starts: February 1st 2021
Submissions due: March 19th 2021
Fest starts: April 1st 2021
Posting ends: April 28 or whenever we run out of submissions.
Masterlist goes up: May 3rd 2021
♦ Fest Rules ♦
Join the community or follow our tumblr:
If you plan to participate in the dracotops_harry Fest – as artist, writer, prompter, reader, lurker – please join dracotops_harry or follow @dracotops-harry to keep up with all fest updates and announcements.
Everybody can submit prompts, whether you are going to participate in the fest or not. You can submit as many prompts as you want. The Prompting Post will go up on January 18, 2021. We are collecting prompts with a Google form.
Each prompt can be claimed once for art and once for fiction. You may claim your own prompt. Claiming is on first come, first claimed basis. Once you submitted your story or art, you are welcome to claim a second prompt. The Claiming Post will be posted on February 1st. Claiming stays open until March 18th 2021.
• All works should be stand-alone, not sequels or prequels to other fanfic. They should not be part of a series.
• No WIPs are accepted as fest submissions.
• All fiction, art and podfic must be new and written/drawn/recorded specifically for the dracotops_harry Fest. There is no exclusivity period: Participants can re-post their entries once they have been posted to the Fest. However, please absolutely do not post your submission elsewhere before it has been posted to the Fest.
• dracotops_harry Fest is not a Gift Exchange. Stories are written for the community and not for the prompter specifically. Prompts are for inspiration but writers and artists are allowed to alter them. Claimers, please respect the prompter's squicks.
• Participants have to post their finished submissions to the Draco tops Harry 2021 Subcollection on their own. The mods reveal the submission on the posting day.
• Participants are solely responsible for html-coding and SpaG of their submission. If the mods see faulty html or major SpaG issues, you will be asked to resubmit your fic.
• On or before March 19th 2021, participants are asked to submit a story header with a working AO3 link to their story or art, for posting on LiveJournal. A header template will be provided.
• Appropriate warnings are required in the header, both on AO3 and in the header post. Feel free to white-out spoilery warnings in the header for the LiveJournal post. If you have a question about coding or warnings, please email the mods.
• Art should reflect at least two hours' work. It can be in the form of a comic, vid, movie, slides – whatever form you chose.
• If you are working with an art beta, please put their name into the header of your art. A header template will be provided.
• Post your finished art work to the Dracotops_Harry 2021 Subcollection at AO3. Any kind of artistic format that's postable to AO3 is welcome. If you have a more challenging format in mind (vids, filk, graphics etc.) contact the mods well in advance so possible problems of off-site hosting can be solved long before your posting date.
• Stories must have a minimum of 1000 words.
• All submissions should be beta-read and free of grammar and spelling mistakes. Please put the name of your beta into the header of your story. A header template will be provided.
• Post your finished fic to the Dracotops_Harry 2021 Subcollection at AO3.
• Podfics are very welcome for the dracotops_harry Fest. Only Draco/Harry and top!Draco stories are acceptable as podfic submissions. Other than that, all stories can be podficced for this fest, no matter how short or long and no matter when they were written.
• All podfics should be beta-ed. Please put the name of your beta into the header of your story. A header template will be provided.
• We expect you to have received permission to podfic from the author before submitting anything to us. You may refer to the list of Podfic Friendly Authors in the HP Fandom.
• The podficcer should be named, both in the header post and on the podfic cover.
• Submissions need to be uploaded to a file-sharing account (such as Mediafire or Google Drive). Either post your podfic directly to the AO3 Subcollection, or email the download links and header information to the mods.
• If you don't provide your own cover art for the podfic, a standard dracotops_harry Fest cover will be used, based on the fest banner. If you provide your own cover art, please include the name of the artist who created the podfic cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this mean I have to have an AO3 account to participate in the fest?
If you're an author, then yes, you need an AO3 account. If you have no AO3 account, please contact the mods. We happily provide a code for you to set up an AO3 account.
- What if I don't want an AO3 account?
If you do not want an AO3 account, you still will be named as the author of the story on AO3, but there will be no link on the AO3 page to an author's account.
- Do I need a LiveJournal account to participate in the fest?
No, you don't need to have an LJ. We will link the header template to your account on Dreamwidth or to your tumblr.
- Authorship and Comments
The dracotops_harry Fest is run non-anon. Authors' and artists' names will be included in the posts on LiveJournal and tumblr, and the AO3 Collection is set to non-anonymous posting. You will be shown as the author or artist right away. You may reply to comments during the fest whenever you want to.
- Editing After Submission
You can edit your story even after you submitted it to the AO3 Subcollection. Please do use this option sensibly. Don't rewrite your entire fic. ;) Similarly - you can make these SLIGHT changes until the 1st day of posting. Do not edit your fic after April 1st, regardless of when your story goes "live."
- What about Art and Podfic Submissions?
Artists and Podficcers can either post to the AO3 Subcollection or submit their art and podfic directly to the mod, for posting on LiveJournal. It is your choice whether you want to have your submission posted to AO3 and/or on LiveJournal.
- Deadline and Other Problems:
While deadlines are not carved in stone, please try to stick to them. As this is not an exchange fest, we won't
have hordes of pink unicornschase you down if you cannot manage the deadline or have to drop out of the fest. But please let us know as soon as possible, so we can re-arrange the line-up for posting. Also keep in mind that prompters love to see their prompts come to life in a story or work of art. ♥
- Flames and Unsolicited Beta/Concrit:
Under no circumstances is flaming tolerated in the dracotops_harry Fest. One warning is given; if flaming persists the mods will ban you from both the community and the fest. If you feel you've been flamed by a member of this community or a commenter in the fest, please immediately contact the mods.
The mods reserve the right to screen comments made to fest entries that include unsolicited beta or "concrit" advice. We love commenters! Comments are love. ♥ But please keep in mind that this Fest is a fannish celebration of top!Draco/bottom!Harry and not a writing workshop. If you have valid concrit, please ask the author or artist per PM whether they are interested in hearing it. For some sage (and fun) advice on how to be a good commenter, please read capitu's 8 ½ Fail-Safe Ways To Write A Comment.
If you have any questions, please ask in comments or contact the mod at email@example.com.