the first dracotops_harry Fest
The dracotops_harry Fest is an anon, prompt-based slash fest. It is a fest exclusively for Drarry, thus all stories and art must have Draco/Harry as the primary romantic or erotic pairing. Pre-slash should be marked clearly in the header information.
As the title of the fest suggests (*hint*), only top!Draco fic and art is allowed. This means that if your fic/art is R-rated or NC-17, Draco has to be the one doing the arse fucking, and Harry the one receiving it up his bottom. Whatever else is happening in the story or art is entirely up to you (and your prompt, naturally ;)). Draco giving Harry a blowjob is accepted, also Harry bottoming from the top is allowed. If a fic /art features bottom!Draco, however, we will return it to you for revision, or ultimately reject it from the fest. Please no switching! There's lots of other fests and communities for bottom!Draco and switching fic/art – this one is for top!Draco/bottom!Harry only. Please respect the theme of the dracotops_harry fest and community!
♦ Fest Schedule ♦
Dec 3 through 17: Prompt Collection
Dec 21 to Jan 2, 2011: Sign-ups & Prompt Claiming
February 21: Submissions due!
March 3: the Fest begins
March 30 or earlier: posting ends (depending on how many submissions we get)
April 3: the Reveal goes up
♦ Fest Rules ♦
Joining the Comm:
If you plan to participate in the Draco Tops Harry Fest – as artist, writer, prompter, reader, lurker – please join dracotops_harry to keep up with all fest updates and announcements.
Everyone can submit prompts, even if you're not going to participate in the fest. You can submit as many prompts as you want. Please look out for the Prompting Post on December 3rd.
Each prompt can be claimed once for art and once for fiction. Once you submitted your story or art, you are welcome to claim a second prompt.
• All stories and art should be based on the prompt claimed by the writer/artist. While prompts are meant for inspiration, please try to stick to the prompter's wishes, and definitely be aware of her/his squicks.
• All work should be a stand-alone and must not be part of a series or a sequel.
• All fiction and art must be new and written/drawn specifically for the dracotops_harry Fest. It should not be posted anywhere else until after the Reveal.
• The mods will not check the submissions. Stories and art will be posted as received. Faulty html making a post unreadable will be fixed, but the mods will not correct SPaG, spacing etc.. Please have your stories beta-read before submitting them for the fest.
• All submissions must come complete with all html coding, such as bold, italic and centered. Please refer to phoenixacid's Simple HTML and LJ Codes Guide for how to do LJ coding.
• Appropriate warnings are required in the header info; feel free to white-out spoilery warnings if you prefer. If you have a question about coding or warnings email the mods.
• Art should reflect at least one hour's work. It can be in the form of a comic, vid, movie, slides, podcast – whatever form you chose.
• If you are working with a beta, please put their name into the header of your art. A header template will be provided.
• Your finished art should be submitted as JPG or PGN files. The mods will happily go a very long way to accommodate any kind of artistic form, but please contact them well in advance so all possible problems of off-site hosting can be solved long before your posting date.
• Stories must have a minimum of 1000 words.
• All submissions should be beta-read and free of spelling mistakes. Please put the name of your beta into the header of your story. A header template will be provided.
• Your finished story should be submitted as a Word document in DOC or TXT format. Please do not send DOCX files.
Deadline and Other Problems:
While deadlines are not carved in stone, please try to stick to them. Still, this is not an exchange fest, so we won't
If you are having problems in getting your submission finished in time, please contact us sooner rather than later. We will do our best to help. The mods can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read and take to heart flyingcarpet's Guide to Participating in Fic Exchanges (applies to Prompt Fests, as well).
Under no circumstances is flaming tolerated at the dracotops_harry Fest. One warning is given; if flaming persists the mods will ban you from both comm and Fest. If you feel you've been flamed by a member of this community, please immediately contact the mods.
Your excited mods ♥
memphisgreen, vaysh and winnett